Harm to load can be a consequence of a few components. The harmed freights regularly turn into a reason of disappointment with the customers. That is the reason, legitimate measures must be taken in order to evade Cargo Damage or Container Damage. Beneath said are some Key Points that must be focused on:
- The major causes of damage to cargo loads during transportation in containers are shifting of cargo loads and water damage due to condensation as a result of temperature changes.
- As long as there are voids or gaps between cargo loads or between cargo loads and the container walls, the cargo loads will shift during transportation. As a result of vibration during transportation, even seemingly small voids can become sizeable voids which allow the cargo loads to shift and knock against each other or against the walls.
- When different types of goods are packed into the containers, the harder cargo loads will damage the softer cargo loads when there is any shifting during transportation. It is recommended to segregate different cargo types using separators such as cardboard, plywood boards or chipboards.
- Cargo loads should be uniformly distributed within the container to prevent the container from tilting during transportation.
- There are a few sources of moisture inside a closed container like the wooden container floor, the wooden pallets/crates used, the surrounding free air and the cargo itself. This moisture will condense onto the roof of the container whenever the temperature drops due to weather changes or at night. The temperature changes also occur when the vessel enters a different climatic zone, example, from the tropic to temperate.